Friday, 19 June 2015

Holiday wardrobe!


With the holiday season just starting I thought some retail therapy was a perfect idea for today. I went went out with the intention of getting some items for my holiday that's coming up shortly and the shops didn't fail. The three shops I went in today was River Island, Topshop and H&M. 

June summer haul. 

The first item I stumbled upon was this skater style dress from H&M. It's a lovely white and navy coloured dress made from a lovely thick material, it tight on the top half hugging at the waist and then flows out at the bottom which is perfect from summer. 


Dress H&M.

The waist has lovely triangles either side which really draws attention to your waist making it really flattening on. I got a size 6 UK and it fits perfectly although it is a struggle to get on because its too tight to fit over your head and the zip doesn't seem to unzip far enough to step into it so be warned of the struggle that you might face getting in and out of this dress! 


Waist of the dress.

Unlike the front of the dress which is quite high the back has a lovely v neck which stops just above where your bra strap would be so there's no worries about finding a bra that wont be visible when you wear it. 


Back of the dress. 

The last detail of the dress is a silver zip meaning most of the detailing to this dress is at the back. 
At £14.99 this dress is the perfect summer dress that can be wore casual or dressed up by adding some accessories! Other than the struggle of trying to get this dress on I would really recommend it! 


Zip detailing. 

The next item also from H&M is this bikini top. A black triangle shaped top with thin straps and a thick band around the bottom it could easily be paired with a pair of high waisted shorts when walking around on holiday. The top is made from a waffle material and is lined but this can be removed if you don't want the pads to stay in there! 


Front of the bikini. 

The back has cross over straps that are adjustable so this is perfect if you have a small chest like me or also if you need to buy a bigger size for the cups. 


Back of the bikini. 

If the cross over back isn't for you the straps actually detach at the back so you can change them to normal over the shoulder straps which is where the adjustable straps are vital. Retailing at just £3.99 this is the perfect holiday bikini, and as it's black you can mix and match it with most bikini bottoms! The sizing on this top is slightly strange though so I would recommend you buy it by looking at the size other than what is says on the label because I wear a size 32A bra and size 4/6 UK clothing and got a 12 UK in this and it fits perfectly so I would definitely watch out for that!


Detachable straps. 

My next stop was River Island where I had to exchange a dress that I'd lost the receipt for! I found this bargain top which is part of their seasonal offers meaning I got a £26.00 top for just £15.00. A gorgeous highlighter yellow with a white stripe down the front that stops just above the belly button making it perfect for high waisted white jeans or shorts.  


Front of the top. 

The back of the top features a silver zip that opens all the way so you don't have to worry about putting this on after doing make up! I think the zip adds a really nice touch because it really stands out against the yellow of the top. 


Back of the top. 

At the bottom of the zip the material separates into a small triangle which looks really flattering with high waisted jeans and also means the front of the top falls really nice. This top definitely fits true to size and the size 6 UK fits me perfectly.  When I purchased this top I did also spot that this top comes in a lovely lilac colour with a white stripe down the front and also a white colour with a black stripe which I might have to hunt down in my size! 


Back detailing. 

My final purchase from River Island was this gorgeous monochrome bag with gold detailing. I was looking for a bag to take on holiday for the evenings to hold my purse, phone and some bits and bobs and this seemed perfect! It has a little pocket at the front which is perfect for your phone for easy reach and then a bigger compartment which makes the actual bag. 


River Island bag. 

What I love most about this bag is the detailing, the handle, shoulder strap and buckle straps are a lovely back and grey snake print with really adds to what could have been a boring white bag. The gold metal work also makes the bag look really expensive, with a small chain section at either end of the shoulder strap it ties in lovely with the buckles at the front without being too over powering.


Bag detailing. 

My final stop was Topshop where I finally found a pair of white skinny jeans that aren't completely see through! I decided on the Joni jeans style which are 'super high waisted' as I love my blue pair which I got at Christmas. I got a size 6UK and the fit perfectly they're very tight without looking too small. The are slightly more expensive than other white jeans I've tried retailing at £36 but they are worth it when you compare them to the fit of cheaper skinny jeans! 

White Joni jeans.

There isn't any detailing on these other than the white button at the top and two pockets at the back! I do wish Joni jeans featured pockets at the front but these are the first pair I've tried that fit perfectly so I'll live without the pocket! 




I hope you all enjoyed this haul, I'll leave all the links below! If you have any questions don't hesitate to leave them in the comments and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! Happy shopping xo. 

Links

xo.

Other posts you might enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment