Monday, 17 August 2015

What's in my toiletry bag?!

I've already shown you what I've packed in my suitcase, so I thought I would do a more in depth post on what toiletries I take with me for a two week holiday! I use these three toiletry bags that I purchased as a set from next because they are perfect sizes for make up, toiletries, suntan lotion and medication. It also keeps them tidy and all together so I can find everything quickly when I unpack. 


The most important thing that I take on a summer holiday is suntan lotion and after sun. I have fair hair and skin and although I don't burn very easily, I still like to take an assortment of different factors because I use them for different areas. I tend to use a higher factor on my face because that's the area that tans the easiest. I use factor 30 for the first week I'm there and then gradulatly work down in factors as I tan. I then use after sun once I've had a shower to hydrate my skin and to soothe any areas that have slightly burnt. 


Every year I take a different frangranced shower gel. This year I chose Imperial Leathers new Marshmallow frangranced one and it smells amazing! I also take a shower puff to lightly exfoliate my skin because of the amount of different products I'm using all over my skin. One bottle this size usually lasts me the two weeks there when I have a shower every morning and night. 


Next are my hair products. I bring my normal shampoo with me because a full bottle this size is too heavy to pack. At home I don't use conditioner because I have quite oily hair, but on holiday I take a mini one because of the heat, sea water and chlorine. I also pack a mini dry shampoo, I got this one from Wilkinsons and it's actually really good! The scent is really nice and you don't have to use much to give your hair a bit of volume. My favourite hair tool that I can't leave home without, is my favourite hair brush which is my Tangle Teezer. 


Fresh breathe is always good, so I pack a small toothpaste, a mini mouth wash, a normal toothbrush and some dental floss. 


I don't take all the products from my normal face skincare routine. I do bring my normal face wash because it's one that I know works well with my skin, but I bring a mini moisturiser and some baby wet wipes for the rest. I have a full review of this La Roche-Posay Effaclar face wash here if you want to check that out. To moisturise the rest of my body I use the Johnsons baby lotion and some baby oil, but I make sure I have a shower and wash the oil off in the morning so that I don't burn. 


In a hot and humid country deodorant is a must! I bring a roll on and a spray because I prefer to use the spray in the day because I can re apply it easier at the beach. I don't actually pack purfum with me but I do bring a body mist which is also great from freshening up clothing. I also featured the Hollister body mist in my July favorites because I fell in love with the scent. I then purchase a purfume in duty free because it's easier than trying to pack it on the way. 


The next things are all a bit random. The only things I wash when I'm actually on holiday is my bikinis, so I bring a travel wash because the chlorine and salt can stain bikinis so I soak them in this when I have a shower and then rinse them out. I also take a small pack of wet wipe to take to the beach and to use around my room, and a small hand sanitiser to keep in my bag! This year I found a chocolate orange frangranced one in Primark and it's amazing. Next is set of mini nail files and some nail clippers because you never know when you might have a nail disaster. Lastly is a shaver and a refil blade because no one wants to be hairy in a bikini. I've done a full review on this Gillette Venus Snap razor, and it really is ideal for travelling. 


Regardless to if I'm due on my period I bring some supplies just in case. I pack an assortment of pads, tampons and liners so that I have everything ready and just to be prepared. 


That's all of the toiletries I take but I thought I would include my hair things and make up here too. For my hair I take some scruchies, hair ties and some granny clips just so I can keep my hair out of my face when I'm at the beach or if it's too hot! 


I've been loving Benefit make up recently hence why most of the make up here is Benefit. I thought these would be a good idea to take because they're mini sample sizes so the weigh less and are easier to pack. I don't tent to use a lot of make up when I'm on holiday so I've just packed the basics. 


Thank you for reading, I hope I've given you some ideas on what to pack in your toiletry bag. Leave me a comment down below of the one toiletry item you couldn't live without on holiday! 

xo.


Links.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)
    Here is the link: http://www.beckybobble.blogspot.co.uk
    I love your blog! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg a marshmallow scented shower gel, I bet that smells AMAZING! I take a lot of the same toiletries as you on holiday with me!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete