Wednesday, 2 September 2015

August Favourites!


Monthly favourites are definitely one of my favourite posts to read and write, so today I thought I'd share with you some of my August Favourites. I've chosen six items, some beauty, some fashion and some random. So here we go! 


My first favourite is my denim jacket! Denim is everywhere lately, especially with the double denim trend that's appearing. I took my denim jacket on holiday with me originally to wear in the evening if it was a bit cold. I'm so glad I did, because it actually rained for three days and this was the only jacket I had with me, other than a thin hoodie that I travelled in. Even though it doesn't have a hood it was still warm enough to walk around in so I didn't freeze. It also matches lots of things and is still light enough to carry around when we went out in the evenings, so it came in so handy throughout the whole trip.


My next fashion favourite are my white denim shorts. These are definitely a staple item to take on holiday because you can wear them with virtually anything. I had one pair to wear over my bikini if we were going for a walk and another pair for the night, but I actually ended up wearing both pairs in the day because they were just a lot easier to throw on than a playsuit or a dress. You can get white denim shorts from every fashion shop and they start at just £5 in Primark. I personally prefer high waisted shorts so I got mine from RiverIsland and Newlook.


I'm the first to admit I'm a perfume hoarded. I tend to buy them because I like the bottles on my shelf. In the airport I did find a new Marc Jacobs fragrance that I adored the scent and bottle. Sadly it is a travel exclusive so you might not be able to find this unless you are planning on travel in the up coming weeks, or you might find it on depop or another selling site similar. The scent is very sweet which I love. It's also not to overpowering but does last throughout the day.


Some of you might have seen my La Roche-Posay skincare review, and know that I love all the products I've tried from the Effeclar range. When I saw they did sun tan lotion I was a skeptical about paying £16 so I thought I'd see if I could find any free samples online. I found a website that you answer some questions about your skin type and then they send you a sample of a sun tan lotion they think will suit your skin type. I had the Anthelios XL SPF50 dry touch gel cream, and I love it! No matter what factor sun tan lotion I use on my face, my nose and forehead tend to burn, but using this they didn't burn or peel at all! £16 does seem a little step for a 50ml bottle but I'll definitely be purchasing this next year for my holiday because I love how it felt on my skin and the protection it gave me. Because it's a dry touch gel cream it didn't make my face look shiny or greasy which is perfect because most sun tan lotions leave a greasy residue on your skin. It doesn't really have a smell which is also good because that can sometime irritate my skin when I'm applying it everyday for a couple of weeks.


I thought I'd mix things up with a music favourite this month! I've been loving Rachel Platten's Fight Song. I instantly feel in love with song the first time I heard it and it's been stuck on replay ever since! The lyrics perfectly describe how my life feels right now and the struggle anyone can face when they aren't feeling good enough. The lyrics are really motivational, that you need to fight for your life and live your life how you want! I can see my obsession with this song lasting a while!


My last favourite this month is my GoPro. I was going to review this camera as part of my summer series, but that didn't go to plan so there will be a full review in the up coming weeks, so I wont give too much away! I did purchase this last minute and I'm so glad I did! If you spend a lot of time in the water or generally traveling around somewhere that you can't take a normal camera then this is perfect! I love how compact it is, and that the lense is really wide so you can capture a lot at once. The actual quality of the photos is really high in and out of the water too! It's really easy to use and I would say it definitely is worth the money because it isn't something you have to keep buying new things for.


I hope you enjoyed my August favourites! If you have a main August favourite that you couldn't have lived without this month then please leave me a comment down below of what it was! 

xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment