Friday, 25 September 2015

September Empties!

Welcome back to Simply Michelle, I was originally going to saved all these products to do a huge Autumn empties post, but since Autumn didn't really start until 2 days ago, I thought I'd do a quick round up of some of the products I've used up this month!


The first thing I used up was this Vaseline active fresh deodorant. It's something everyone uses it's not that expensive retailing at around £1. I love the smell of this product in the packaging and in the aerosol form, but I hate the smell of this product on my skin. It makes me smell like plastic, but the aerosol one smells fine, so I don't know if it's just this one, or if it was old stock or something. It does last quite a long time so it's definitely worth the money providing the scent suits your skin. I wouldn't repurchase this product purely because there are other deodorants I prefer, that smell nicer on my skin. 


I have a slight obsession with hand cream. I get really dry hands from washing them so much in work so this is something I use on a daily basis around four times a day. This product retails for £10.50 so it is on the higher end of the budget for a simple hand cream. I loved the scent of this products, it smells the same as all other No.7 products and it's really moisturising on the skin. Considering it is quite a small bottle, it does last quite a long time because it has a thick consistency which is great. I would repurchase this product again once I've used all the other hand creams I have on the go.


I'm always on the hunt for a face wash that suits my skin, I really wanted this to be the one because I love Simple's skincare range but after using the whole bottle of this in the shower over a couple of month I've not noticed any improvements in my skin. The actual fragrance of this product is really fresh and clean, which is lovely because a lot of acne face washes smell disgusting. I don't remember exactly how much this was, but I'm sure it was under £3 so it's definitely a product worth giving a go, if you're looking for a new face wash. Sadly this is the first Simple product that I wont be repurchasing because I didn't help my skin at all. 


Having previously used the 'red' packaged Elvive shampoo, I was expecting amazing results from this product, aimed at 'mid to long hair prone to greasiness'. I have long hair that can be extremely grease if I mess with it or leave it dry naturally over night. Whenever I used this shampoo in the evening, my hair looks so greasy by the morning, I've tried drying it, leaving it dry naturally and even plaiting it. But nothing works. At £3.99 there are other shampoos on the market that retail for a lot cheaper, that don't make my hair greasy within hours, so I definitely would not repurchase this product, however I would repurchase other shampoos from the Elvive range. 


Possibly my favourite product ever! I love this shower butter. It's so moisturising that I don't even feel like I need to moisturise after using this. It's amazing for shaving. And it smells like cake batter! What else could you ask for?! It is quite pricey at £7.00, but I usually try to take advantage of the 3 for 2 offers at Boots, to purchase Soap & Glory products. It does however last quite a long time because you only need a small amount to create a huge lather. I would definitely repurchase this product! 


Finally, the last product I finished this month was, these Gillette Venus Embrace razor heads. I usually purchase which ever Gillette Venus razor heads that are on offer because they usually retail at around £11.99 which is quite pricey for something that last about a month maximum. These did the job so I would repurchase these again if they were on offer again, although I do prefer the Olay ones.

Thank you for reading, I hope you all enjoyed! 

xo.

Other posts you might enjoy!

  



3 comments:

  1. that shower butter looks adorable

    Much love | Trillu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love empties posts!! That Soap & Glory shower butter looks so tempting... Shame it's so pricey. =/ Thank you for sharing, it was really fun to read! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Soap&Glory but I have never seen that before, its good to hear I can find that I my local Boots! Have you tried any other Simple products I have the Moisturising Facial Scrub and it dry's my face out. Is there any you actually like?

    beautybydaisychain.blogspot.com
    Please check out my blog and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete