Friday, 18 September 2015

TAG!

My last beauty tag for a while I promise! 



1. Do you remember your first makeup product? 
It was some translucent powder from the Boots Natural Collection range. I wanted to start wearing makeup but my mam wasn't convinced, so she was definitely the one who thought this would be the most appropriate item. I also had a small quad eyeshadow set from the same brand, that had a light pink, nude, gold and light brown. There was also a blue mascara around the same time but I was only allowed to wear it on the weekend. 


2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? 
One that's waterproof and doesn't run down my face when I cry laugh. It also needs to stay on my lower lashes and not smudge down my face within a couple of minutes. Oh and I hate mascaras that flake. I do really like Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara but I still feel there are some others that are better that I haven't tried yet.


3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation? 
I like medium to high coverage that isn't cakey and doesn't crease. I have acne prone skin so I need something that can cover that and the redness. I also prefer a matte finish because I have oily skin. 

4. Favourite high end brand?
I don't really buy any high end branded make up because I stick to the same brands I've used for a couple of years. I would like to try the Dior Diorskin Star foundation though, because I've read a lot of good reviews about it. 



5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
There are loads of different brands I really want to try. I'd love to try products by TheBalm, Lime Crime, Nars and Too Faced! I also love the packaging of Too Faced and TheBalm products they're just so cute. 
 

6.Favourite drugstore brand?
I love No.7 and Maybelline. But I do like Miss Sporty for nail varnish and Essence for eye shadows. 

7. Do you wear false lashes?
I don't. I haven't got the patience to apply them and they just irritate me within half hour of wearing them. I much prefer more natural make up. 

8. Is there any kind of make up you couldn't leave the house without?
Concealer. I have acne prone skin and I'm really self conscious of it so I can't leave the house without wearing some form of concealer or foundation. I do wish I had the confidence not to wear any make up though. 

9. What is your most treasures beauty product?
I don't really have a treasured beauty product but I couldn't live without my concealer.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up one item here and there or get lots of goodies at once. 
I tend to pick up everything at the same time, which mean I end up running out of everything around the same time too! I also prefer buying lots of things at the same time because I can take advantage of any offers that are on and also try a couple of new products as well. Because of this I don't really shop for makeup very often, unless there's a new product that I really want to try.

11. Do you have a 'beauty budget' or spend freely?
I tend to spend freely because it's usually just repurchases of products I've already tried so I know it's worth the money and also that it works well for me. 

12. Do you utilise coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for beauty products?
I do, I love shopping in boots purely so I can use my advantage points card to save the points.. That's a little sad I know haha! I also like buying products when they are on 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price offers because it works out cheaper in the long run. 

13. What type of products do you buy most of?
Probably concealers, because I just can't find the perfect one. If any of you have a holy grail concealer please let me know in the comments down below so I can try it out. I also buy a lot of skincare products because although I like the currents products I'm using which is the La Roche Posay Effeclar range and the Eucerin Dermo Purifyer range, I still feel there are other products that will work well for my skin. I've done reviews on both of these that you can check out down below.
Eucerin Dermo review.
La Roche Posay review.

14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
I've tried individual products that I don't like, but there isn't a particular brand that I absolutely hate. 

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in make up like parabeans and sulfates?
I possibly should, but I don't because it's hard enough finding products that actually work for me to start with. 

16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for beauty products?
I like shopping for beauty products in a couple of different places, but Boots is probably my favourite shop purely because they sell a wide range of different products and they always have different offers on. 

17. Do you like to try new beauty products or keep to the same skincare routine?
A bit of both. I stick to the same skincare routine because it knows it doesn't have any bad effects on my skin. But then I also like to try new products because I would love for my skin to be perfect.

18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Soap & Glory or Lush.


19. If you could only buy from one beauty brand, which brand would it be?
Benefit, I love their products and the packaging is adorable! 

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Same as above^. But TheBalm also has amazing packaging.

21. What celebrity always has great make up?
Kendall Jenner's makeup always looks flawless. 

22. Do you belong to any online beauty communities?
I don't at the moment.

23. 5 Favourite beauty gurus?
I don't have five favourites but Zoe Sugg and Tanya Burr are probably my two favourites.



24. Do you like multifunctional beauty products like lip and cheek stains?
I do. I love all of Benefits lip and cheek stains, although I tend to use them as a lip stain most of the time rather than a cheek stain. I find they last a lot longer on my lips than other lip stains on the market. 

25. Are you clumsy at applying make up?
Yes, I rush and throw it all on and hope for the best. I don't really like spending a lot of time on my makeup because I'd prefer to have extra time in the morning to sleep. 

26. Do you use makeup primer base for your eyes?
I use my foundation or a nude coloured eye shadow. That's all wrong I know but I'm really lazy when it comes to applying my makeup. 

27. How many hair products do you use in a typical day?
I don't really use hair products on a typical day other than dry shampoo, because that gives my hair a bit of volume.

28. What do you apply first foundation or concealer?
I do both. If my skin is really bad I'll apply concealer first then foundation, because I can then reapply concealer to any areas I feel needs more coverage. But if I'm having a good skin day, then I'll apply my foundation and then my concealer.

29. Do you ever consider taking make up classes?
I've never really considered it, but I think it would be a really fun idea to do with a group of friends.

30. What do you love about make up?
I love that by using concealer and foundation I feel a lot more confident about myself, because I'm really conscious about my acne. But I also like that you can create so many different looks and that there aren't a set of rules you've got to obied by, when applying makeup.

xo.

Other posts you might enjoy:

  






No comments:

Post a Comment