Saturday, 5 September 2015

Teen Film Throwback!

Today I thought I'd mix things up a little with 5 of my favourite teen films. 


I'll kick things off with the latest release from my favourites which is Love, Rosie. Originally written as a novel by Cecelia Ahern this is a slightly less traditional love story. The two main characters are Rosie and Alex. They've been best friends since they were five years old so the chances of them falling in love now is slim, right? Or at least you'd think it would be. Everything seems to be against Rosie in the love department but can Alex finally change that for her? I'm not usually one for crying at films but I did find myself crying like a baby by the end, but for all the good reasons! I would definitely say this is worth a watch or a read for that matter.


Next is Pitch Perfect. I first watched this in America on a school trip, so there's a possibility that memories of that trip is why I love this film so much. Beca is a freshman at Barden University and is made to join the Bella's, the schools all girl singing group. Pitch Perfect follows the Bella's as they battle against their male rivals in a singing competition. I love the comedy aspects of this film and no matter how many times I watch it, I end up in fits of laughter. 


 I was sceptical when I first watched Endless Love because of the bad reviews it's had on other websites, but I actually really like this film. There is a Romeo and Juliet feel to this film. Jade comes from a privileged background and David is the complete opposite. Following their high school graduation they quickly fall in love. Their love is made stronger as Jade's parents try and split the couple up. But neither Jade or David are willing to give up their love.


Another film based on a book, this time by Louise Rennison. This films follows 14 year old Georgia who is prone to getting herself into awkward and embarrassing situations, and her friends as they try and woo Robbie and Tom the two newbies in their school. Georgia also has to deal with problems at home as she worries that her parents are going to have a divorce when her dad gets a promotion and moves to New Zealand. 


Last is Beastly. Starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer, Seventeen year old Kyle is a spoilt, shallow and popular teen who is completely consumed with his own physical appearance. When he foolishly chooses Kendra as the next victim of his humiliation she enacts the perfect revenge. She transforms his appearance to match his ugly personality. He has one year to fall in love or he will be force to stay unattractive forever. I love the message behind this film, that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. It isn't about who you're friends with or what you wear it's about how you treat people and act towards others. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my favourite throwback films! Leave me a comment down below of your favourite throwback film. Thank you for reading, 
xo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment