Friday, 30 October 2015

HALLOWEEN SNACK IDEA!

I've always loved Halloween so I thought this was the perfect time to try a Pinterest recipe idea. I found these 'mummy dogs' randomly and thought they looked quite cute. I didn't really know what to expect making these because I'd only seen in photos, but I was quite impressed if I say say myself. 


What you'll need:
Frankfurter hot dogs.
Jus rol puff pastry.
Some milk.
Mustard.


The first thing you need to do is leave the Jus Rol pastry out at room temperature for at least 10 minutes, this makes it easier to work with and it also prevents it cracking as easily. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees (you might need to adjust this slightly depending on your oven.) Once it's reached room temperate, unroll the pastry and cut it into two pieces. Roll the excess pastry back into the packaging and store it in the fridge. 


With the first half of pastry using a knife, cut the pastry into thin slices roughly half a cm in width.


If you're using tin sausages like me, drain them out of the brine and using some tissue dry them off so the pastry can stick to them. With the pre cut slices, wrap the pastry around the sausages leaving slight gaps so when the pastry expands it doesn't cover the whole sausage. You need to leave about an inch between the helmet and the body to create a face. 


Once you've placed them on an oven tray, brush over the pastry with some milk for a golden finish, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. 


After you've let them cool, using a cocktail stick use the mustard to create two small eyes to add the final touches to you mummy dogs.

I hope you've enjoyed this simple Halloween snack recipe, if you try these leave me a comment down below or tag me in a photo on Instagram.

Other posts you might enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder whether this would work with veggie sausages? Looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing. :) <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should work, I don't see why they wouldn't!xx

      Delete