Thursday, 29 October 2015

Matte Foundations: FIRST IMPRESSIONS!


Finding the perfect drugstore foundation for me is a nightmare! I have extremely oily skins and I suffer with acne, so this foundation needs to work miracles. Over summer I'd been using No.7 beautifully matte foundation which was fine because I was on holiday so I was only wearing it for a short amount of time, and when I was home I had a tan so my acne had cleared up significantly. Now that I'm in work all day it just isn't cutting it. I went to Boots and took advantage of the 3 for 2 they had across all make up and picked up these three foundations and a BB cream. 


Rimmel stay matte foundation claims to be lightweight shine control, liquid mousse foundation. I've never used a mousse foundation before so I didn't really know what to expect. It retails for £5.99 so it's definitely not expensive at all. I got it in the shade light porcelain and it is too light, and also quite pink but I'm going to make it work anyway. I tried all four of these foundations on separate areas of my face and this one was quite hard to blend but that could be because it's the wrong shade for my skin. It did stay quite matte for the four hours I did try it, so I am excited to see how this products lasts when worn for a whole day! The one downfall I've noticed for this foundation already is that it doesn't offer much coverage which is something I prefer but with a good concealer it might work. 


The second one I selected was this Seventeen miracle matte foundation which claims to give up to 16 hours of shine control, which is definitely what sold me this product. It also retails for £5.99 so it's perfect if you're on a budget or like me just testing different ones. Unlike the other three that I've just tested on different parts of my face, I've actually worn this to work for a full day. Once you get past the initial struggle of trying to blend this product, it was less shiny than any other foundation I've used. I've always used a foundation brush to apply my foundation, but I found it virtually impossible with this product because it's very thick and seems really powdery so I have to use my fingers to apply this which isn't a problem. Again I got the wrong shade in this foundation, I got soft ivory but I could've done with one shade darker. 


Based on first impressions this one is probably my favourite. I've seen loads of bloggers and youtubers raving about this product and I can see why. L'oreal Paris infallible matte retails at slightly more than the other two at £7.99, but still it is quite reasonable. I got this in shade 11 Vanilla and it's a perfect match for my face. It's really runny which makes it so much easier to blend with a brush and it does offer medium to high coverage. Again you'd probably need to use concealer but it is the easiest out of the four to work with. As for staying matte Seventeen miracle matte possibly has the edge.


I've never tried a BB cream so I thought I'd give this one a go since it is for oily skin. The concept of this Maybelline dream pure 8 in 1 BB cream is good, but it's not for people who suffer from large breakouts. I got this in light and although it matches my skin colour perfectly it doesn't cover blemishes at all. This is definitely something that would be perfect for a good skin days or if you're just popping to the shop or going for petrol, but other than that I'm not really expecting very good results from this product because of the little coverage it has to offer. It was only £6.99 so even if I can't make it work now, I'll keep it for when I go on holiday next year when I don't need much coverage. 


I hope you've enjoyed my first impressions of these foundations, there will be full reviews of each one coming in the next couple of weeks after I've tested them all out properly! Leave me a comment down below if you think I've left out an amazing foundation for oily skin so I can give it a try! 


Other posts you might enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I own a matte foundation but I've always wanted to as I thought the concept was so good!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete