Monday, 12 October 2015

September Favourites!

Welcome back to my blog! Today I thought I'd share with you some of the things I've been loving throughout September. This is obviously a lot later than I originally planned as we're almost half way through October, but here goes anyway. I have a mixture of fashion, skincare and randoms to share with you this month. Enjoy! 


The first thing I've been loving is this coat from Newlook. It's actually from the kids section but age 12-13 years fits me perfectly (I normally wear a size 6), so it's definitely worth checking out the kids department if you're around a size 6/8. It probably isn't the most practical coat if you live in the UK because it's absolutely freezing here, but it is a lovely lightweight beige coat to throw on if you're going for a meal or to a shopping centre because it's not too warm. It retails at £27.99 which is quite reasonable because you'd pay more than that for a top in somewhere like Topshop or RiverIsland. This coat will be featured in my 'Autumn Haul' post so keep an eye out for that if you want to see more pictures of this coat, or if you want to see some of the other autumnal clothes I've purchased recently.


Having suffered with acne for as long as I can remember, the only times that my skin seems to calm down is when I've been away on holiday. I originally thought it was the sun that was drying up my spots, but having done some research online there were loads of people recommending salt and mineral products. I didn't want to just start washing my face with sea salt so I purchased this soap from Boots which has some good comments from people who suffer from acne and other skin conditions. It retails for £3.75 so it's a lot cheaper than most products that are actually targeted at acne prone skin. It does have quite a strong scent to it, but I can't really put my finger on what it smells like. But it definitely isn't an unpleasant scent. Some of the comments on this soap did say that it would make acne flare up worse, which I now believe, but it has seemed to have taken the redness away from my face and skin does look a lot clearer. It's also a great make up brush cleaner! 


With the nights getting darker and the temperatures dropping, who wants to be out in the cold. I've seen these colouring books popping up everywhere over the last couple of months, so I thought I'd jump on the band waggon and see if they are actually as relaxing as people make out. I will have a full review of these on my blog in the next week so I wont give too much away, but I have slightly fallen in love with colouring again. You can purchase these books anywhere, they even do magazines if you wanted to try something a little smaller first. I purchased mine from Whsmith and they have probably over 50 different books to pick from, so there's definitely one for everyone. Including ones dedicated to colouring cats and to colouring cars. I also got my pencils, felt pens and fine liners from Whsmith and they were on a 3 for 2 offer. 


Keeping with the colder weather and darker nights, there's nothing better than cuddling up in a fluffy blanket or two. I think we have a slight obsession with these blankets from Primark in my house because we have them everywhere. I did purchase them last year, so I can't remember exactly how much I paid but I doubt they were much over £10 each. They've lasted a really long time, and have kept their softness after being washed multiple times. They're also really warm which is perfect for me because I'm always freezing. 


My next favourite is a bit random. I've never been one for drinking anything other than plain still water until recently, when I discovered these still and sparkling flavoured waters from Tesco's. They obviously sell these in most other supermarkets too, but Tesco is where we do our weekly shop. They are always on offer at 4 for £1.50 offer, so they are quite cheap considering they are litre bottles. They do loads of different flavours and you can mix and match between the still and the sparkling. My favourites are the still strawberry and the sparkling lemon and lime.


Some of you might have seen this game before, I came across it after watching ThatcherJoeGames video playing this and I've become slightly addicted ever since. I will confess that I'm awful at this game but once you start playing it really brings out a competitive side and you just can't stop playing it. It's free to play, you don't have to make an account or anything. You simply play as a guest or sign in using your Facebook account. The website is agar.io if you want to see what the hype is all about.


I hope you've all enjoyed seeing some of my slightly delayed September favourites. Leave me a comment down below of your top monthly favourite for September! 


Other posts you might enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment